We care for your horse as if it were our very own.We are dedicated to providing the highest quality care to our equine patients. Our staff members have chosen this profession with a love of the horse and an unending desire to improve the health and welfare of the patient. We are committed to serving the horse owner in a professional and compassionate manner and to serve the horse with the best of our ability. We also maintain an excellent working relationship with many experts in the industry for those special cases which need additional care. If we cannot fully attend to the needs of the patient we will help the horse owner get the diagnosis and treatment by consultation and referral to leading authorities. Our goal is the best possible care for the horse.
Our HistoryOwned and operated by Dr. Charlene Cook, Central Georgia Equine Services began in 1988. The business started small with one truck, one barn and one veterinarian. Over the next several years, the business grew and in 1993 a second barn was built followed in short order by the main clinic facility and the staff to provide the quality care you receive today. In addition to the main clinic, the facilities now include an isolation barn, a foaling barn, several private paddocks, and double fenced pastures situated on 70 acres of lush rolling pasture land.
Our LocationConveniently located in Central Georgia, the clinic is located adjacent to Interstate 75 just minutes south of Macon and only 10 miles from the Georgia National Agricenter in Perry. The clinic can be easily accessed from Interstate 75 and Hwy 96.
Our MissionOur mission is to provide exceptional quality care with outstanding customer service in a family oriented atmosphere. We consider our clients to be friends and our patients our top priority.
Our Hours of OperationCentral Georgia Equine Services is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm EST. We are available for emergency care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can reach us any time by dialing 478-825-1981.
Our Payment PolicyWe at Central Georgia Equine Services are proud to be part of a team whose primary mission is to deliver the finest and most comprehensive equine health care available today. In addition, we are also dedicated to making top-quality care as cost effective as possible and want you to completely understand our current financial policies.
Payment is required at the time of service.
Invoices for services rendered are due upon presentation unless we have agreed to different arrangements in advance and in writing.We offer the following payment options:
• CASH – includes money orders and personal checks.
• VISA / MasterCard / Discover.
Please note that we reserve the right to:
- Require a deposit at the time of scheduling for certain high-cost services and all hospitalized cases.
- Charge a monthly billing fee of $6.00 or 1.5% monthly interest (whichever is greater) for any account balance over 30 days.
- Submit any account with a balance older than 30 days to a collection agency, and to require client to pay all legal fees and collection costs we incur.
- Require a valid credit card be kept on file for any open account. This card will remain on file & all charges will be placed on it at the time of service.
- Refuse services to any client in default of our payment policies.
- Charge a fee of $30.00 for each returned check.
- Charge a fee for services that do not directly involve patient care including but not limited to: shipping of medications, radiographs, etc; preparing insurance claim forms, any written/long distance phone correspondence for clients.
- Charge a fee of $6.00 for any invoice not paid at the time of service.
- Amend these policies from time to time.
If you have insurance on your animals, it is your responsibility to understand the benefits and the requirements provided by your plan.
Back to Top